Sunday, March 10, 2013

I'm a work in Progress!!

Hi All!
I am Latoya from Flying into First Grade and I wanted to do my first post for the collaborative fitness blog.  This was such a good idea and I am happy to participate.

So here's my story but remember I am still a work in progress....

I was small all of my life while growing up.  I would say I started gaining weight when I went to college.  We had Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, KFC, and Burger King all on campus.  I think I gained the freshman 30 lol.  I remember wearing a size 10 for a while and then a 12 and then a 14 and then a 16.  One day I got on the scale and it read 203 and I wondered when did this happen.  It totally happened from not working out and eating everything in sight.  I was really unhappy about this and knew I had to do something to change it.

I was always active growing up.  I took dancing lessons and was on the dance team in high school.  So it was fairly easy for me to start jogging and do zumba.  I even signed up for 5k's with friends from time to time.  I have lost about 20 pounds since that day I got on the scale.  Look at the picture below to see my weight loss journey so far.  I still have a ways to go but I am determined!



Another thing that has helped me is working out with my coworkers everyday after school and doing Insanity.  The consistency has really helped me get into a routine.  I do a cycling class on Thursdays and I have started doing a bootcamp along with keeping my membership at the ymca.

Since I cant do all of these things I have narrowed down my weekly plans.


I wanted to share my workout plans for the week.

Sunday -REST
Monday -BOOTCAMP
TUESDAY -ZUMBA
Wednesday - BOOTCAMP
THursday -Cycling
Friday - BOOTCAMP
SATURDAY- Cycling

I am still struggling with my eating habits but I am getting better.

Here is one new food item I have fell in love with. Enjoy! It is only 100 calories!  I paid 2.00 at Kroger for this 3 pack.  I also tried Vanilla Bean.  If you love ice cream, you should check it out!


And last here is a motivation pic for you!!!



Have a great week!



2 comments:

  1. You look great! Keep up the good work! Thanks for posting!

    Ashley
    The Teacher's Treasure Chest

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the weight loss Latoya. Found this blog through a Pinterest pin. I am excited to follow along.

    Mrs. Pauley's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete