Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Hi!

Hi everyone!  I'm Sara from Smiling In Second Grade and I'm joining up with some fellow bloggers to share our tips and secrets to being fit!


As Ashley mentioned before, I am no expert either, but I will share what works for me and maybe you will learn something as well!

I'll start with a little background.    In high school, I played a lot of sports and I was always on the move.  I played soccer, basketball and volleyball.  I absolutely loved playing.  I enjoyed being part of a team and never saw it as "working out."  It kept me busy and there was always the thrill of playing in a game.  At home, I lived with a family of 6, so if you didn't eat fast, you didn't eat!  We only had one television which had just three channels and we never had video games in our house.  We were a very active family.

Then college started.  I had so much extra time on my hands that I didn't know what to do with myself. We had cable and internet (and I didn't have to fight any siblings to use either).  And the buffet-style cafeteria?  Man, was that a treat!  Needless to say, I gained the Freshman 15...and then some.  I don't drink so that helped me stay a tad healthier than my peers, but not much.  I was at my heaviest in college.

Now, living in my own house with a full time job, I have learned how to better regulate my diet and get the exercise I need.  I belong to a gym and always feel a lot better about myself after I go.


Now that you know a little more about me, I want to know what are some of your most difficult obstacles that you have faced in an effort to be more healthy?


No comments:

Post a Comment